This non-alcoholic kombucha cocktail is a REAL doozy. Originally put together by the Pig Hotel group, we’ve adapted it ever so slightly to bring in a little extra Spring zest. And since we’re very much into our foraging here at REAL, we’ve given you something to pull on your gardening gloves and go foraging for. Be careful, though. Nettles are tasty, but we’re sure you know all about their prickly nature.
Time and serving
- Prep time – 2 hrs
- Make time – 3 mins
- Serves – 1
- 10-15 nettle leaves (picked)
- 10-15 mint leaves
- 300g sugar
- Submerge the nettle leaves in boiling water and then transfer straight to cold water.
- Separately prepare the sugar syrup by combining 300 ml of hot water with 300 g of sugar (1:1 ratio), mix until dissolved. Keep the sugar syrup on the hob on a light heat.
- Add the prepared nettle leaves to the sugar syrup for one hour, then add a handful (10-15 leaves) of mint leaves for the final 20 mins.
- Take off the heat. Remove the nettle and mint leaves from the syrup. Wait for the syrup to cool and decant into a bottle or glass.
- Refrigerate for up to three days.
- 100ml REAL Dry Dragon
- 20ml nettle and garden mint syrup (homemade – see recipe below)
- 25ml lime juice
- Egg white (or 25ml aquafaba)
- Place the syrup, lime juice and egg white (or aquafaba) in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake, strain and fine strain, then add 100ml REAL Dry Dragon.
- Garnish with extra nettle leaf (be sure to blanch it first to take the sting out).
|Total Fats (g)||0|
|Saturated Fats (g)||0|