In preparation for Father’s Day, we asked some of the REAL kids to grab a shaker and see if they could mix up some summery non-alcoholic cocktails for their dads. The results are two very different but wonderfully seasonal kombucha cocktails, both of which we encourage you to try at home. And remember – pics, or it never happened! Tag us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter if you’ve got a REAL Father’s Day cocktail to shout about.
To try both Father’s Day cocktails, make sure you check out Emilie’s Ginger Dragon and Hana’s Summer Flush.
Who is Hana?
Hana is the daughter of REAL co-founder, Jon Wilks. She’s 11 years old and she lives next to a river that she loves swimming in with her friends and her dog. She also loves cooking Japanese food with her mum. Here’s what she had to say about her Father’s Day kombucha cocktail…
“Hello, Hana here! It’s summertime, and you know what that means. It’s Father’s Day soon and as a daughter of the best, most loving dad, I thought I could make a little something for you all to give to your fathers. I did this because my dad loves fresh strawberries picked from our garden, and my mum and I love making elderflower cordial from the hedgerows near where we live (not for sale!) So, I proudly present the recipe for Hana’s Summer Flush!”
Time and serving
- Prep time – 5 mins
- Make time – 2 mins
- Serves – 1
- 5 small strawberries, or 2 large and 1 small (to make a purée)
- 15ml of elderflower cordial (or just go crazy if you like it sweet!)
- REAL Royal Flush
- Cut your strawberries into pieces and plop them into a blender. Add a tiny bit of water into your mix, then blend them until smooth.
- Fill a champagne flute to ⅔ full of the strawberry purée.
- Add your elderflower cordial to taste. Fill to the top with REAL Royal Flush.
- Mix, mix mix.
- Serve to dad and insist on a smile (or your time has gone to waste!)
|Total Fats (g)||0|
|Saturated Fats (g)||0|