In preparation for Father’s Day, we asked some of the REAL kids to grab a shaker and see if they could mix up some summery non-alcoholic cocktails for their dads. The results are two very different but wonderfully seasonal kombucha cocktails, both of which we encourage you to try at home. And remember – pics, or it never happened! Tag us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter if you’ve got a REAL Father’s Day cocktail to shout about.
To try both Father’s Day cocktails, make sure you check out Emilie’s Ginger Dragon and Hana’s Summer Flush.
Who is Emily?
Emilie is the daughter of REAL founder, David Begg. Emilie is 11 years old and she loves getting stuck into all things arty – drama, cooking, dance, design… you name it! It’s not unusual to find her whipping up something wonderful in the kitchen, so this one’s bound to be a treat. Here’s what she had to say about her Father’s Day kombucha cocktail…
“Hi, I’m Emilie. The strawberries are growing and the mint is coming in abundance in our garden, so with my dad’s favorite flavour of ginger, I came up with this little treat for all the fathers out there. I would be really happy if you would want to spend a little time making it (the recipe is below). I am sure your fathers will like it. Happy Father’s Day.”
Time and serving
- Prep time – 13 mins
- Make time – 10 mins
- Serves – 1
- 1 teaspoon of water
- 1 ½-2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3-4 slices of ginger
- 5 full leaves of mint
- 50ml Dry Dragon Kombucha
- In a pan, put the water and sugar.
- Crush the ginger and mint together until it’s paste like.
- Add the paste to the pan, add in a little REAL Dry Dragon. Heat on a low heat for 3 mins.
- This is your syrup, put it in the fridge.
- 2 strawberries
- Dry Dragon Kombucha
- Strawberries, mint and ginger for decoration (optional)
- When the syrup is cold (when you are serving), take it out of the fridge and sieve it to take out most of the bits.
- Cut the two strawberries in half and rub them through the sieve into the syrup.
- Crush the ice and put it in your serving glass.
- Sieve the syrup until clear and pour as much to your taste into the ice, fill the glass with REAL Dry Dragon.
- Serve et voila!
|Total Fats (g)||0|
|Saturated Fats (g)||0|